|Job Title:||Purchasing & Materials Coordinator
|Location:||Prince Rupert, BC
|Job Type:||Full Time
|Salary:||Based on experience (Relocation and Benefits)
|Company Info:||Our client, Ridley Terminals Inc, is sourcing a Purchasing & Materials Coordinator. This position is based in Prince Rupert, BC. You will be an integral part of the Management Team, assisting with the development of RTI goals and objectives, policies and procedures, organizational development and coordinating the needs of RTI with the concerns of team members.
1. Effectively lead the Materials Control Department and coordinate department’s activities with other RTI teams:
· Act as Agent for RTI in Contracts and Purchasing
· Lead the decision making process within the materials control team.
· Promote the development and site wide awareness of Contracting, Purchasing, Inventory and Warehouse procedures.
· Assist team members to understand and implement RTI policies and procedures.
· Schedule shifts, allocate work, determine call-in situations, record and approve time sheets.
· Assist the team to identify training needs and encourage personal achievement and growth.
· Establish and maintain a good working relationship with team.
· Support safe work practices.
2. Supply Management
· Update materials management systems and schedule all work.
· Maximize the use of computer capabilities of all Materials Control functions so that manual records are kept to a minimum.· Maintain an up-to-date awareness of technical developments in the operation of terminal equipment and systems and to evaluate them for their applicability to RTI.
· Act as RTI Agent to execute Contracts and, Cap. Ex.· Assist with the development/implementation of the contract management system and update as required to ensure RTI meets the latest fair business practices.
· Manage the development, implementation and utilization of the Computerized Maintenance Management System and related integrated support systems in the Materials Control department.
· Ensure all supplies and services required by RTI are purchased within the financial confines stated within the Delegation of Authority as established by the Board of Directors.
· Manage the development and implementation of purchasing standards, guidelines and procedures for the Materials Control department.
· Maintain good working relationships with suppliers and contractors with whom RTI does business to ensure standards and expectations are met.
· Negotiate pricing terms a
· Certified Professional Purchaser accreditation or equivalent, or more than 10 years related experience. Completion of or enrollment in the Purchasing Management Association of Canada’s Professional Development Program is mandatory.
· Post-secondary education with a focus on materials management, supply chain management, inventory control, or warehousing will be considered an asset.
· Industrial Warehousing Trades Qualification.
· Certification in Workplace Hazardous Management Information System.
· Certification in Transportation of Dangerous Goods.
Must have a minimum of five to ten years’ experience, a portion of which would ideally be in a management capacity, in the following areas:
Computerized Purchasing Systems
Inventory Management Systems
Demonstrated ability to supervise and manage a department and its workforce.
Experience in effective utilization of Computerized Materials Management Systems is mandatory.
Other combinations of formal qualification, training and experience may be acceptable as equivalent to the above criteria.
Holloway Schulz Vancouver
505 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC V7X1M4
Phone: (604) 688-9595 x303
Phone 2: (604) 688-9595
Fax: (604) 688-3608